Friday, August 3, 2018

Foxes and Fanta



Hooray! I have quilted the baby foxes. I used the ideas online to have the quilting resemble trees having a few knot holes throughout.












Now to bind it. I have a lovely stripe that coordinates with both sides.

This is the lovely back.  I purchased 1 yard which is normally sufficient for a baby quilt.  But the print is directional and looked better vertical. Hence the extra shot cotton above and below.

I don't like the shot cotton for piecing. It was too stretchy.  I should have starched or used Best Press prior to cutting.
.


Also completed are two blocks for my Stash Bee hive. The pattern is Wanta Fanta. The windmill looking block is paper pieced in four sections

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used in your Foxes quilt. They all work so well together. What fabric (and colors) did you use for the background? It was a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Background is a shot cotton. I bought an extra wide back, but am just using it for piecing.

      Delete
  2. Your fox quilt is coming together so nicely. Great quilting! It is difficult to see our parents age and not do as well as we'd like. (Previous post) How nice that you and your daughter were able to visit them together.

    ReplyDelete