Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Jude's nap quilt

Last Thursday, I got to visit my grandson's classroom with his mom. It was a get acquainted night. As a mom and teacher, I am so excited for him to go to 4K next week.

While there, I saw there were nap mats/ quilts. So I asked my daughter-in-law if she wanted me to make one for him.  Yes!   And off I go to create something wonderful.

I had the space/robot layer cake  of fabrics in cute boy colors and even the black fabric which kind of looks like space . Perfect!

Thanks to Sew Yummy's Around the Block quilt from last week for the idea:   http://sewyummy.ca/around-the-block/


Now it is quilted using a fat polyester batting and a fleece back. Spray basted and then just outlined black and zig zagged the squares.



Cute back which is a fleece.  The binding is the red with robots print of the coordinating group, but they are so small, so it is hard to see.


And his name is embroidered with pearl cotton.  Side note: when I delivered it to him.  I asked him what it said.  He had just learned his first name. So he said " Jude,  I love you!" I am o.k. with that. It did my heart proud!


I also made some trial lattice for my blockheads.  Looking good.

 Blocks 6 inch. Lattice 3/4 inch blue on each side of 1 1/2 beige.  Total 3 inches finished. Cornerstones will be that navy and the star points in navy on the end. (sorry for the fuzziness and decorative carpet underneath.



This is what it should look like completed: ( photo from Pinterest)

3 comments:

  1. This is one big reason why we have stash... so we can go home and quickly make a gift of love for someone. It's such a cute nap mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet your Jude is! I bet he adores his nap quilt from his grandmother. I love all the colour and pattern in this quilt. Your grandson will have the most wonderful dreams of space and adventures as he naps on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, It's Yvonne from Sew Yummy. I'm so happy my post inspired you to make this quilt. So easy and yet such a beautiful quilt! He's going to adore it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete