Tuesday, February 15, 2022

QUILT SHOW

 YEAH!   I am so excited!  I went to my first quilt show in TWO years. 

Seriously, the one I attended over the weekend was the last one anyone in our area was able to attend in 2020.  And everything since then has been canceled or gone online. Sigh......



This was the Winter Quilt Show put on by the Wisconsin Museum of Fiber and Arts. ( formerly it had been a guild).  This was north of Milwaukee at a county fairgrounds. But it was GREAT!   Lots of vendors and the 4H served sandwiches and soda.  

So I purchased fabric..no surprise.  And I did need to actually find a quilt store afterwards for fabric for my SAHRR as the bright sunny colors were not part of any of the displays.  Now I just need to keep sewing on it.  I do a few blocks at a time, and yes, I am behind.

So here are some of the wonderful quilts displayed :

The next two was part of a group from Japan, I believe, from the Quilt Museum only making 3 stops in America.




This was a part of a challenge group. It was my favorite of the bunch





An incredible Oh My Gosh quilt!  Love the diagonal color lines.
So many tiny 9 patches


A gorgeous wool quilt


The workmanship on this one was AMAZING, completed by a quilt judge and quilt appraiser.
She described the pattern from an old Quilter's Newsletter as being frustrating and had to redraw it herself. Hand Applique. And gorgeous fabrics. 



And then I saw 2 jackets, I just loved as well:






So much to enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I love that OMG - I might go to the AQS show in Branson in March if the virus numbers continue to go down like you it has been awhile since I went to a show but I think it is closer to 4 years for me.

    ReplyDelete