Saturday, February 5, 2022

Valentine fabrics.

 After my heart fabric purchases, I had to make something with them.  

So, I accepted the challenge to make coffee mug/cup blocks to exchange.  And then, I thought how cool it would be to have a heart on the mug.  I decided to make a sturdy mug and piece a heart in the middle. I started with the pieced heart taking inspiration from Pinterest for ideas. After first attempt I needed to resize it to make it a little smaller.

I also liked the diagonal bottom to the handle.  It took a little finagling.  The block is 8 1/2 inches.

The main portion of the mug is 5 inches squared.  ( without handle)


Then I paired up several color options and perfected the piecing for the replications. I really liked the variety of shades of pink from a raspberry to a coral shade of  pink. The herringbone was one of my favorite fabrics.

And I put the handle on the left for the creative left handed people and to add some variety for the quilts of different receivers.


And some more red heart ones:  I will make one into a mug rug for my daughter for her work desk.


Total of 7 coffee mugs made!




1 comment:

  1. Your mug rugs certainly are festive for Valentine's Day. They will brighten up any desk!

    ReplyDelete