Thursday, February 17, 2022

Unstuck

As the title reflects, I was fretting over my projects. (That and the darn Olympics.) And although I was sewing a  little each day, I am behind in getting things done especially for my online sew alongs. 

 But I am so grateful for my quilting friends.  Encouragement was what I needed to get going. And your comments rang in my ears as I sat down yesterday to sew. 
THANK YOU! 

So my first big AH HA moment was when working on my SAHRR round 4.  I finally put the blocks next to the center, and yes, I needed that coping strip.  
I then worked on arrangement of blocks around the center.  My idea of having matching colors near the corners bombed. Oh, Well... 
But it came out.  The coral/peachy stars are brighter in sunlight. 


And then I got back to embroidery.  I got cold and didn't want to move from under the quilt, so I just pulled the gnome out from my basket next to the couch.


Lastly, a mug rug.  So cute for Valentine's Day. 
One was given to my daughter and this one to a very good friend.


Progress.   
More to come!  
And quilty friends are the best.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Those are such lovely projects. I'm glad that you got unstuck. Your quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete