Monday, February 28, 2022

Weekend sewing

 I did LOTS of sewing this weekend.   So much so that my shoulders are a little sore. But it feels good to get things off my list. 

First up are some more sets of coffee blocks for my exchange.  I really had fun with these.  I like to piece and I would make a drawing on graph paper, block out the measurements, make a sample and then proceed.   There were a few several adjustments made for things like the handles.  But I enjoyed the creation and using up some scraps. 

Each block was required to be 8 1/2 inches and a white on white background. ( Which I ran out of and had to attack my scrap bag. )

Block 1 


With 4 additional ones for the set. Each is slightly varied, as the flowers were cut from 1 fat quarter.


Set 2 is a china teacup.  ( A little washed out on the white)   But it is very cute and has a lace edge on the top of the saucer applied with fabric glue prior to stitching to keep it in place. These teacups were paper pieced. The tricky part was getting the bowl of the cup to align with the paper once it was sewn.  I had to use pins to place the pivot points. 


With the whole set. 


And lastly some more hand stitching.    Slowly this set will get completed.


Hope you all had a pleasant and productive weekend. 

( And prayers to Ukraine and its families far and wide.)


1 comment:

  1. Oh The Santa is adorable! I love the coffee mugs blocks, so cute and colorful and fun. Sorry about your shoulders, maybe a hot shower and a good massage would help you. Perhaps even stretching before and after sewing?
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete