Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Finish!

 This is my assembly of the Blockheads 5 fall section of 9 blocks using the suggested layout. (I did not add the paper pieced stars.) This is Stars in Detroit and it is destined for my daughter as she moves to be with her boyfriend at the end of the month. She asked to have one to put on his couch. She helped with the  color selection to go with his house. All batiks!


I chose to use a Shannon cuddle or Minky for the back. It is navy in color but reflects the light of the camera. 


And here is the quilt with my happy daughter before she drives away. 


I attached the binding while watching the Olympics.  Nice to have handwork. 

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning vibrant quilt. Your daughter looks very happy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! It's so nice when our children ask us for a quilt. It will remind her of you every time she uses it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful and vibrant quilt! That color combination never fails.

    ReplyDelete