Monday, August 5, 2024

I'm back!

 It has been almost a month since I last blogged. And it was a very busy month indeed.  Very little stitching has been done. 

First, my Hubby and I met my son and his family in Missouri at Lake of the Ozarks. The weather was off and on rainy. But we had a beautiful view of the lake from a 3rd floor VRBO condo for the 6 of us.  Such fun spending time relaxing, playing games, and being with the grandkids. The boys (meaning my husband and kids) would take walks down to the lake and dip their legs into the water off a pier. 

I can't get over how much I loved watching the water, rain and shine. Gorgeous sunsets as well. 


But we did visit parks and the Bagnall Damn, tour a cave, rent a pontoon boat and swim at an indoor waterpark. Such memories.



Afterwards, we brought the boys home for 2 weeks. Again rainy weather, not as conducive to swimming as they would have liked. But precious time spent together reading, watching ALL the Despicable Me movies, playing at parks, and more and more. The 2 guys are now 8 and 10: getting so big, but still loving the trips here. They already were saying some things they will want to do NEXT year.  

My badgers in Vilas Park Zoo in Madison, WI

Fluffy slime made with shaving cream

I only sewed one New York Beauty block and did Sashiko stitching on the trip back home. 

This is white thread on brilliant blue fabric.   Really!!!

                                                

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Looks as though you had a great summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had an awesome time! Write down what the grands said they want to do next year. It's easy to forget ideas. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete