Friday, August 9, 2024

Wisconsin State Fair

 I am excited to say I placed 2nd in the category for large pieced quilts. ( This is the judging I went to on the WRONG day.  I wish I had heard the comments as they don't get written down.) 

Anyway, I had anticipated seeing it in a case or on top of the displays.  But I was so surprised to see it hanging on display.    Here it is with me underneath several feet below.  My husband was so proud of me; he would tell complete strangers about my quilt while standing there.  Gotta love him!  

And while I like to see the complete designs as they are displayed, you can't really see the details of all the piecing and hand stitching that far away.  


Other quilts I admired from the fair:

This one had gorgeous colors that popped.  Each circle is one of those folded stars like we made in the 80s. 

This one really caught my eye from a distance.  So striking in colors with the eagle prominent in the middle. It was on the reverse side of mine. 


This was a gorgeous wool applique.  WOW !


And lastly for some humor,  a photo of my husband and me!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your husband has a reason to be proud of you. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Your hubby has a right to be proud. Cute picture of you both. Lovely quilts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your quilt dancing in all those hst's is gorgeous! Of course your husband is proud of you and your quilt; it is amazing. Congratulations! And as for the photo of you and your husband...so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your DH has all the reasons to be proud of you! Lots of work going into your quilt. Fun photo of you two together.

    ReplyDelete