Monday, August 19, 2024

Progress and finish

Blessings for fall on the farm is a small lap quilt.

This was a fabric line by Primitive Gatherings a few years ago.  Lisa Bongean also designed the quilt to go with the pattern: 2 colorways with dark outlines or light.  I had leftover flannels from Bonnie Sullivan from a previous quilt and used them for the borders and some of the half square blocks. 

The quilting is sunflowers and fall leaves: so appropriate and fun. 

The backing ended up being pieced as my pumpkin fabric was only 40 inches wide not the wide backs I usually get. So I got the opportunity to use leftover layer cake as mentioned before. Easy and fun fix. 


Other quilting finishes: 

Red and blue runner: these are the leftover blocks which made a nice square table topper to donate.
easy stitch in the ditch and diagonal rows.  Marking  the criss cross lines with a hera marker; my new favorite tool. 


This is not my mini quilt, although it was my pattern which I made eons ago.  I had even given her many of my homespuns. My friend was lamenting how she was wanting to get projects completed.  I found this little mini in a plastic bag and "stole" it from her to quilt and bind it quickly.  


And I also finished the sashiko: 

1 comment:

  1. Primitive Gatherings always has cute seasonal patterns don't they

    ReplyDelete