Sunday, June 2, 2024

Bitcoin flimsy and more

 Several days of progress on different projects. It feels good to get things going.

This is my bitcoin flimsy.  Bonnie Hunter released the pattern in 2021 and I really liked the arrangement and the ability to use up the bag of 1 1/2 inch strips I had.   But I didn't want to keep making more and more, and saw a modified arrangement using long strips of a background in between the vertical rows by Nann of With Strings Attached.  It made for a great combination.  I found a nice red small print which accentuated my color combination.  I do like the Thimbleberries and Kansas Troubles.   But I have added some brighteners to increase the contrast. This is a twin sized quilt top, but no destined recipient yet. 




And as a new month comes, so does a new block for my Stash Bee.
This one had lots of 2 inch squares. 


And lastly, I have a few blocks to show for my New York Beauty: They are a fun detour from the other blocks and require different skills with paper piecing and curves. 


Keep on quilting. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the flimsy! I love your bitcoin top! The red really sets it off. Beautiful! Pretty fabric for your NYB blocks, and I love the scrappy squares block too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Bitcoin is great! Love the NYB blocks and stash bee blocks. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those NY Beauty blocks! and the scrappy squares. Variety is our attraction to quilting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the triple columns of coins. And thanks for the mention. :) I admire your multi-ring NYB blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your Bitcoin version. The long columns really show off the other fabrics. Great NY Beauty blocks, too. That one is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete