Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Red and blues

 It has been a great year thus far for my quilting.  And I really feel good about my accomplishments. (17 finishes: half of them are small ones  and half bed sized)  And the best part is that most of them have been UFOs sitting around. It started out as just binding the quilts as they came back from the long armers, but it expanded to a couple quilts that just have been sitting. 

And following Maggie's blog: Making a Lather, I took her example, and just started finishing up. It felt so good that I have just kept going.  Success begets further success. I have several empty boxes and am still working on some partly started projects. 

Additionally, I almost have as many posts now as the entire year of 2023. That says a lot! 

But I did take a detour, and started a Red, White, and Blue table runner. It is a free one from American Patchwork and Quilting: table runner link. I have had my eye on it and it was pinned so I could find it easily. So onward to the cutting and piecing.

And here is the the quilt top. 


I was happy to use up some of my smaller pieces of fabric. Plus I have enough for a 2nd top that will be square. Each block is 6 inches making this 24 by 36.

I also finished my round robin for guild for next month, because I will be with family instead. 


I love, love, love these Robin Picken's fabrics and the splattered background.

And lastly some of my stitching in the evening: 
This is from the Summer Memories book of quilts and cross stitch by Susan Ache.
My first attempt at linen which is a very pale blue not gray as it appears. 

Hope to make it into a pillow for my 4th of July bowl fillers.

3 comments:

  1. Nice table runner! It always feels so satisfying to completely finish quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting older projects finished is always a good feeling! I have a few of those waiting in the wings myself. But I love your tablerunner - what a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used that pattern as well. Thanks for sharing in my Sew and Tell party.

    ReplyDelete