Thursday, June 6, 2024

Chandelier flimsy and more!

 Still working on UFOs. I am excited to finish my navy quarter square chandelier quilt. (I am not great at naming quilts.) I had it almost done at retreat which was posted.  But then I came home and found the missing parts of blocks which were about 15 blocks left on the cutting table. I used 9 of them  to add another row to the bottom and the missing corner . Some deconstructing ensued followed by adding more blocks. Hooray! So happy to get it done.  Twin size 65 by 91  No additional borders will be added. The setting triangles give it space. The larger blocks are 4 identical quarter squares and the smaller ones just a singular one. 

Next up : getting  the 2 flimsies to the quilter. She is such a special friend. And she already has 2 of my other quilts.  NO RUSH!   I like getting it off my plate. Plus I am slow at getting the few finished that I do. I am trying more machine quilting  and like the challenge, but it definitely takes longer. 

And I completed one more block for my Dear Jane quilt. 9 done and many many more to go.

For this block I utilized paper piecing. There is a free site. 

In the evenings I have been cross stitching.  I think I am getting better at counting, although I do take out stitches here and there. 

I love the warming weather as our birds, squirrels, kittens, and deer have returned to entertain us in the back yard.  It sure is nice to open windows and feel the breeze while listening to the croaking of the frogs or the rustling of the leaves. Hello summer!



I love the warming weather as our birds, squirrels, kittens, and deer have returned to entertain us in the back yard.  It sure is nice to open windows and feel the breeze while listening to the croaking of the frogs or the rustling of the leaves. Hello summer!

5 comments:

  1. Another lovely quilt! I also like to take flimsies immediately to the long arm quilter when I'm finished with the piecing. I've also been enjoying listening to all the outside sounds while stitching. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can still have your windows open and will off and on all summer most likely. Here the windows have been shut most of the past month already because of heat and humidity - not really too hot some days but the air doesn't stir though and when no breeze it doesn't feel good in the house

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast against the blue looks great. The blocks look like the Broken Dishes block. I have several Dear Jane quilts in the works too - farther along. Paper piecing helps a lot with the small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top is gorgeous. Woo Hoo on another finish! Don't you just love summer time especially all of the critters that are out and about. I sat on the porch today and stitched while being serenaded by the birds and frogs. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chandelier setting is terrific! Do you send out all your quilts?

    ReplyDelete