Sunday, June 30, 2024

Handwork finished!

 Staying inside to avoid the heat. And enjoying completing little things.   I do love embroidery and cross stitch and other small handwork. 

1) Here is the finished Hawaiian Sashiko. I plan to make it into a pillow with piping on the edge.  I need to find a batik with these colors. I also need to dip it into cool water to erase the blue markings.

I have 2 more kits to make.  Very enjoyable.


2) I made the finishing touches to these cross stitch bowl fillers.  I added some buttons, ribbons and ric rac to them. 

I found that I liked the sparsity of the letters and design and it went much faster than other cross stitching. The alphabet is from Susan Ache's book Summer Memories.  (She now has a Halloween one coming out soon as well.)  Melisa from Pinker n Punkin has several samplers as well.

I don't know where I found the mini. It has been sitting in my basket completed for a year or two. 
I will have to add them to my wool ones. 


5 comments:

  1. Those are really cute little pillows. I should try to do some small cross stitches again. I get lost on the big ones. The eyes aren't what they used to be. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sashiko is gorgeous; the floss colors are so cheerful . I just love your darling patriotic minis and your finishes are too cute! Thank you for the sweet shout out as well. You are so kind and thoughtful. Have a wonderful week and happy stitching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m just about to embark on my first Sashiko journey! I love the colours in your Hawaiian piece. Is it the different colours that makes it Hawaiian Sashiko? And your minis are very cute. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sashimi piece. I love the colours and design! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisconsin is getting the heat too huh - all over the place!!

    ReplyDelete