Monday, January 22, 2024

A BIG Christmas Finish

 I was so excited to finish my 9 patch pretties.   So I dropped it off at my long armer. And at the same time, I picked up the 2 quilts which had been finished.  It was delayed several times due to health issues on her end, my trip to Louisiana and then my long lasting cold.  But here is the first binding finish. 

So I have been sewing like crazy trying to get the binding on. My big finish is the Sewcialites Christmas.  This was a block of the week by Fat Quarter Shop, a free pattern which I made in 9 inch blocks. I enjoy doing these kind of projects and have 2 still needed to be put together. The setting is also a design from them, although I don't know if it was for this series or a previous one.  It is  a slight variation of theirs. 


Center blocks up close

This is a large quilt ending up at 100 inches squared. Which means I spent 3 nights watching football playoff games hand sewing the binding on. ( And the Packers lost in a very exciting game. They were not favored. ) 

Beautiful edge to edge quilt in swirly design with holly leaves and berries. The backing was a wide back thatched fabric by Robin Pickens in Scarlet. 


The binding as leftover strips from many of the  Christmas fabrics in the quilt alternating colors. 


A very big finish.  I am so happy!
Just needs the rod pocket and label.




5 comments:

  1. The Christmas quilt is lovely! Are you going to display it now? It doesn't bother me to have quilts that are on display that are not in 'season'. The quilting design is perfect, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas quilt is GORGEOUS!! I love the blocks, the backing, the quilting, the binding... everything. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed a very big finish and a very beautiful one! Your year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and unique design, and the quilting is perfect for it, too. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete