Tuesday, January 9, 2024

And so the year begins

 So glad to be home in my own surroundings and starting a new year.

I am trying to set goals for getting things organized and decluttering the STUFF of the many years past.

So far, I am just getting Christmas put away and returning gifts that didn't work out. Plus a few meetings and such.  I had a very long day yesterday, but felt good about ticking things off my list. 

Unfortunately, I have also come down with a doozy of a cold. It may be a couch day, although those quilt projects do beckon me. And I can't get far away from my new friend, the kleenex box.

On the sewing front, I did rejoin Stash Bee this year. I really liked the first block and made 2 only to find out I switched positions of the medium and dark blocks.  So after some frogging I remade them.  Now to send them off to New Zealand. 





I am also pumped to finish a few WIP projects.  I will see how long that lasts. This is my 9 patch pretties.


6 comments:

  1. hope the cold doesn't last long - my nose has been dripping for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stash bee blocks are interesting. I hope you're about finished by the flying geese blocks for 9 patch beauty! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Stash Bee blocks, so pretty. That's a lot of Flying Geese, are they all done? Stay warm, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. It may not be a cold, but Covid, Flu, RSV, so many things going round. When we picked up home test kits for Covid and pharmacist told us she can hardly keep them on the shelves, so many are getting it again...some the 2nd or 3rd time. Do take care and perhaps get tested. Our daughter got it over Christmas and took Paxlovoid which really helped her feel better quicker. Looking forward to seeing all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stash bee blocks are wonderful! I love that design. You have one long strip of flying geese there! Can't wait to see what you do with that. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete