Wednesday, January 17, 2024

And I get a cold!

 Sidelined,  literally.....

I pushed myself to do tooo much on Monday, Jan. 8. It was a busy day with 2 meetings and I squeezed extra errands on top.  It was so good to get so much done. My New Year's Goals were finally starting.  But after a long day, I felt tired. I even pushed myself to undecorate the Christmas tree. We had done the outside and various other adornments. I sat on the couch all night, and deteriorated slowly. Even my husband noticed after he came home from his concert. 

I have been sleeping, drinking lots of fluids and just doing nothing....DARN COLD.        For 4 days. 

Today is the first time I am actually thinking about things.  So I have been going through my stack of magazines to select patterns I still want to make. And making a pile to DONATE.  This is part of my decluttering...Yes!

And rethinking my ambitious goals.    I think I am dropping my crazy patch cats. It just isn't speaking to me.

It is now the next week Jan 15. And we have SNOW, and  more SNOW.  15 inches of it.  And it is beautiful!  I have never seen it stick to the woods for such a long period of time.  So pretty and magical when the sun shines.


We are talking 15 inches. And I don't shovel.  My husband is a God send.  Even 3 times in one day with the snow blower. I have been in this house 25 years and this is the MOST ever. And here it is Wednesday and it is still stuck to the trees. And this has branches falling everywhere impacting power lines. And it is VERY cold. We are up to single digits with chill factor added. 

OK Now it is a week.  I have cut out 2 valentine blocks for my Mom and sister. This is an adaptation of the American Patchwork and Quilting for this month.  I have reduced the blocks from 3 inches to 2 inches. 

 And I have attached my pieced border to my 9 patch pretties. with the last borders as well. 

Slow progress....especially removing half of the paper pieces. 


3 comments:

  1. not good when it sticks to the branches. Hope it melts soon - it is just so bitter cold everywhere. We finally got to 35 today but it will be off and on cold for a couple more days. Hope your cold improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling back to normal very soon. These colds have been brutal. I love the geese border on your nine patch pretties quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're not feeling well, hope the cold leaves soon! You are so close to a quilt finish, the flying geese borders look great. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete