Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Lots more binding and UFOs

 I spent half of one football game and all of the second NFL division playoffs putting on the binding of my snowmen quilt...plus one side of the rod pocket.  

I have yet to add all the eyes and some embroidery details.  I have discovered it will need some  machine quilting in the large motifs.  It shouldn't be too hard.

Additionally I have layered  50 inch wall hanging to quilt.  I needed to do it, before we begin cat sitting for my daughter. This is a UFO from 2 years ago. It was a Stay at Home Round Robin challenge by Quilting Gail and a number of other ladies. I am debating putting small dresden fans in the corners. HMMMM?  Suggestions??



And then as Valentines Day is approaching, I recalled another UFO sitting on my pile.  
So I pulled it out to see where it stands.  This was an exchange with a group of wool quilters.
There were 6 of us and each month we passed around our boxes for each to add something to it. 


Here is where it stood and below are the 2 hearts I will finish with embellishments. 


And I created 2 labels for my newly finished  and almost finished quilts. 


2 comments:

  1. I think I like your wool hearts the best. They look great. Is the grey the background they are on? I'm impressed you've gotten two (not one but 2!) labels made. Keep up the good work (or play, cause isn't that what quilting really is?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your round robin is so pretty! I love the soft colors. It will make a beautiful wall-hanging! Those hearts look like fun to work on, too - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete