I can say I have done some limited quilting.
My biggest accomplishment this past couple of weeks is to say I finished the top for this quilt.
Sorry to say, I do not have an updated photo. But to the edges I had added a one inch blue border. And then I gave up on the pieced border of Bonnie Hunter's Frolic and just added a larger blue piece of the same fabric. I caved. I just couldn't visualize and mathematically figure out how to add the half square triangles. I had them made and even pieced into sides. It was too busy and it was off with the measurements. I did not want to stretch or adapt the sides to fit and therefore have waves.
These colors are blah compared to the brown carpet.But it is at the quilters. Hooray! One Christmas present off .In the past couple weeks, we have had a large variation of fall weather. The beautiful leaves turned and impressed us with its grand colors next to beautiful blue skies. And then it rained and rained and the colors dropped leaving a few trees with leaves, but not the sparkling reds and oranges. So early only October 25.
I have continued to make a 2nd wool tree for Christmas. It is funny how much easier the 2nd one was and how much quicker I was able to finish it. One for sister and one for me. Easy to do but tedious.
The base is a DollarTree pine tree. The needles are all cut off ( in a paper or plastic bag). Then you fringe the wool strips and wrap around the branches from the center out gluing with Tacky Glue. Sorry, I do not have photos. The differences in the 2 trees are the color of the green wool.
Additional progress on my row by row Halloween quilt.Here is what I have together so far.This is the cute witch and frog without buttons for eyes. It is a Kimberbell booklet pattern. So cute!Next is a pieced row of flying geese using 2 triangles with a balanced color on each side from the center square.The next row, I just played around with pieced pumpkins and black and white background. These stages were done last year. What is new about the pumpkins is the addition of ricrac which I actually made dimensional. I may add some lime green leaves.Then I have another pieced border of piano keys but with offset black squares.And there it is. I need 2 additional rows one with I think will be a cat, bat, and spiderand some wording and lastly a border. Tentative plans: the creative process goes on.I have been missing blogging, but not having the time to do so.