And I can say I successfully succeeded.
Here first is the pieced part of the back: all 10 inch blocks left over from the solids to put in between that bright cheery print on the right. This print was all the yardage left over from the quilt store. I made a baby quilt and big boy quilt for his brother from it ( both were backs). Now just to assemble it in between rows of the print.
It was also the inspiration colors for the appliques I started for him 3 years ago.
These are several of the appliques I have made.
Since this photo, several are framed in pieced blocks as framing.
And here is the quilt or at least most of it. It is rather cool and damp outside. There are 2 shades of orange, green, purple, yellow and 3 of the blues plus a red. It only took 2 additional trips to quilt stores for additional solid colored yardage. It only took 2 additional trips to quilt stores for yardage to finish. The blocks were easily pieced are are all 2 and a half inch strips. I did not use a pattern.
Now off to the quilter. I have a stripe for the binding.