Thursday, August 15, 2019

Wool

First I have to show the photo of my grandson on his first day of kindergarten. He looks so grown up!
He is attending a school in Louisiana that has requires a "uniform" as well as unified backpacks, lunchboxes and such.  So much for wanting to get him something to start the new year. 
But he has cousins who are in the same K-8 school. 

 Then I have been working on my wool group:

This is my hexie I made for Dee's table mat. I had much more success with the A product that fuses on the back, but is not an adhesive that gets sticky like Heat and Bond or similar products.  That made it so much easier to sew it onto the background. It is an adhesive but like a tight fabric weave. It has letters and numbers something like AK 50  or something. I can't find it at the moment. But it really made the sewing so much easier. I did buy it a JoAnns in the adhesive section on a bolt.
And here it is on the round robin one we are doing for her. As you can see we only have 2 rounds left.
 And then since I had cut out too many squares for the block of the month for guild, I made a second one.


I have been working on my flag quilt, grandson's quilt and my Kim Diehl mini, but they are much different than the last photos. 

Although I did make our new block of the month for guild from last nights meeting.  Love the background which we all were given to unify the blocks at the end. 

4 comments:

  1. nice that with the move your grandson has cousins in the area - it can be hard to settle in a new area but it makes it nicer if family is near by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson looks so excited! All you blocks are so lovely - especially that pumpkin one. I have to admit that I am partial to your wool project. It is coming along beautifully! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are lovely. Thanks for the info on the adhesive for the wool. Your grandson looks quite excited about starting school.

    ReplyDelete