Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving

 Best Thanksgiving turkey yet!  I couldn't tell you what I did differently. But a 13 pound turkey for the three of us with all the fixings: stuffing, mashed potatoes, new recipe for fresh cranberry relish, and extras plus homemade apple pie of Sarah's.  It turns out we liked the Dutch apple pie better than the lattice crust. Simple but special all the same. 

                                    

For Black Friday, I did some deep cleaning and a trip to the Goodwill.  Shopping in general is being done online and I am ahead of the process this year. 

For quilting, I have spent the past several days hand sewing the binding on Frolic.  Done for Christmas! ( I did however abandon the half square triangle borders.  ) Only took a year to finish.

The back is the same as the borders and the binding: a polka dot Grunge.  This I the second quilt I have made using the fabric.  It is such a lovely blue.

I used a wool batting and a swirl design from the long arm quilter. I am happy with it. 
And I am thankful for a sunny day for pictures and a husband willing to stand with arms outstretched. 


On the hand sewing in front of Netflix is the wool applique bowl fillers of Bonnie Sullivan.

This is a fabric panel of 6 prints in a vertical row. I backed them with SF101 and have been embroidering and appliqueing the wool to it. They are so darn cute and this is only half of them. 

I found the set online and added my own wool.  I use floss as I own an abundance. 

She also has a set of Christmas ones. 






Project on the horizon: one baby quilt with a paper pieced fox one Christmas wall hanging. 

This is not mine, just a picture of the fox to be used. 




6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Your quilt is beautiful! I love the grunge... especially the blue tones. Great finish. I really like your bowl fillers, too. I have not heard of those before. Love the embellishments you are adding. Thank you for the comment on my blog. How fun to find pickle bandaids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wool applique you show - the peppermint sticks look three dimensional are they? We had a little thanksgiving too but still made almost everything as usual just smaller amounts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint sticks are not dimensional, just a printed fabric.

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you had a fabulous Thanksgiving celebration with delicious food! Your Frolic is a vision splendid and as for your wool appliqued snowman....they are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt! I love those holiday blocks. Looking forward to see that fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful quilt and the winter blocks are darling. My husband and I enjoyed a Turkey and all the fixings too even though it was just the two of us. Plenty of yummy leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete