Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Weekend

 My dear sister is going to have her 2nd grandchild in spring.  And for her 2 year old granddaughter, she is getting her a baby doll for Christmas. So when I heard that, I asked if she wanted the cradle I had for my dear daughter when she was that age. This cradle came from my grandmother as I had the only girl grandchild. 



My spouse and I do not exactly the lineage, but were happy to get it.  He reassembled it and added a fresh coat of paint.  I made a mattress and a quilt to match my daughter's bed. 

So onto the new quilt :

It is 12 1/2 by 18 1/2.  All made from scraps of a charm pack and matching fabric sitting in my stash. 



It was fun to whip up and practice some cross hatch quilting and a machine binding. 





2 comments:

  1. that is so cute - we have a doll cradle that was made for me by my grandfather, then my two daughters used it and then it was passed to our granddaughter - if neither grandchild has a daughter it well be passed to another in the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your cradle will be used by another generation. Love your little quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete