Monday, July 25, 2022

UFOs

 Who doesn't have UFOs?  And seriously, how many do we all have?  No reveals in this blog post.                   

So when Joan brought up a blog hop for this purpose, I jumped right on that train.  Having a deadline is just what I need.  

And which one to do?   HMMMM.  I decided that being July, I need to finish that 4th of July project sitting in a box. 

Opened up the box.  Yeah!    The pattern is there and all the fabrics.    Boo!   I had hardly started it. There was only some of that cutting done. Seriously, this needs more work than I thought. 


The pattern was a free one from Fort Worth Fabric Shop in Texas. The date was 2018. 
And I loved the design, but changed the dimensions shrinking the blocks to 8 inch size. 

Don't you just love the fireworks background. 
 Step 1: Setting blocks


Step 2 Star blocks



Layout:  


Borders and quilting:

Some of the quilting from the back.  
It needs some fillers in the star blocks and accents in the flying geese.  
Unfortunately, I am quilting in my bedroom not my sewing room due to kitchen remodeling. 


I will have to finish it when I can get back to my sewing table. 

But I love how it turned out and feel good about how the piecing and quilting went. 
Hope you like it as well. 
Don't forget to see the other blogs on the hop.






24 comments:

  1. Well done on getting your quilt finshed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt--perfect for the season! I like the fireworks background too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so now you have a 4th of July quilt ready for next summer - you are ahead of the game

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be happy with it, the end result is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that firework background! I have a firework UFO on my list too. I think I may have a plan for it's completion but not a timeline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this is coming together, great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to you for your red, white and blue! I love this! How exciting to get a kitchen remodel. It's a mess while it's being done, (I remember that part well), but in the end, your going to LOVE it! Thanks for joining us in the UFO hop even though you had to stitch in your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt looks great! I bet you are glad it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a huge UFO finish and a beautiful one, at that! Taking this on was a perfect way to meet the challenge, but all those little fabric pieces would have made me jump off the train. Way to go to keep on task and finish this amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! Hopefully, you can finish it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my fellow Wisconsinite! I just LOVE that fireworks fabric. What a fun project and yay to you for having everything stored together. Great job on the finish! Don't you feel just so darn productive?!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY, you tackled that one and won! I know all about a kitchen remodel and how it sucks the life out of things, but you will love it when it's done. I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out fantastic! That firework background fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quilt did turn out wonderful. The fabrics are really nice, and I think I even have some of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those fabrics and the quilt design is awesome. Great finish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the background. It sings. good work on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great quilt. Love your background fabric choice. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow what fun pretty fabrics! Great job... Lee Anna visiting from I Like Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this quilt! It’ll be a great finish and we’ll done on getting that UFO so close to completion!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did well to make the whole quilt this month, I agree, the fireworks fabric looks so good in that design - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great finish! The fireworks background fabric really makes the blocks shine. I love the movement the fabric gives to this fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome...you made more than headway. Yes UFO's...I have no idea how many I have. Some have been tucked away for so long I'm not totally sure where they are. I have 3 at the moment that I consider current UFO's that I'm chippiing away on. Your 4th of July fabric and design is fantastic.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete