Monday, October 21, 2024

Back home again

 My spouse and I took a trip back to Louisiana to see the grandkids and their parents.  The weather, of course, was 20 degrees warmer than we are used to in Wisconsin being in the 80s. 

We love their fall weather enjoying the falling leaves and decorations while being so wonderfully warm. Now I get why businesses sell short sleeved shirts for fall; up here we add sweaters and flannels for layers. 




It was great to share time with the kids as well as their dad, whom we miss so much.  Boys are not ones who like to chat. Even the littles are not great on the phone and will just frankly say they are done.  (aka  I am not as interesting as their computer games.) 

We had a great time.  My son is a goood cook and has a great grill. We spent wonderful time outdoors. Kayaking was the highlight for the old guys, my husband and son.  Hiking was the highlight for the little boys.  The oldest just absolutely loves observing all the plants and finding them along the way. 


This is at the Cane River in Natchitoches.


This is at Kisatchie National Forest.


The boys and I


And it was so warm, they played with the sprinkler and water balloons. 

Family is everything. 

The only stitching I did was cross stitch on the plane. 

But after I got home I started some new projects.

I am making patchwork acorns for a basket for each care giver for my Mom. 


26 blocks 16 patches 1 and 1/2 inches each.

This is pattern a friend and I are going to complete together. I even purchased some backgrounds I was going for some wovens but in tans which suits my house. 

All for now.  This month I still have more traveling to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment