Sunday, January 22, 2017

Fall Finish

Yes, it is January!  You would be hard pressed seeing brown and green grass and temperatures in the high 40s for Wisconsin.   But it is a fall finish none the less.

I  am so happy this is done:  First of all it is a UFO now crossed off the list. It is a project for my small quilt group challenge. ( 2 birds with one stone).  Plus I am proud of the stitching, and how my Y corners met. It took a while doing the ladder stitch around the edges while watching the Packer game.  We won't go into the results of that. But Sunday slow stitching for sure.


Further, I am keeping up to date with my Log Cabin Sew Along.



I decided to start the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Oh,  Quilt Squirrel for sure!  I have 4  6 inch blocks cut out. Here is the pattern I am making.  Good for scraps; Here is the link: Rainbow Scrap Challenge  I have the miniature pattern from Primitive Gatherings and have always wanted to make it.  This month is purple.
Here is the link for the challenge: Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017





Not as much sewing this weekend as normal. My daughter had a birthday; we met her, her boyfriend,  and her friends for a Monster Truck Jam in downtown Milwaukee. He went all out and got her balloons, lunch, roses, and birthday tiara. And I was surprised by just how much fun we all had.  Then on Saturday, the whole family came over to celebrate; I had an extra turkey in the freezer and it was good with the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  Food, family and fun!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, night and indoor

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. I'm glad it was so much fun. YOur log cabins look great, and I like the pattern you have chosen for the RSC. I also like the fall table topper. I made one of those a year or two ago, and I like it so much, I still have it on my side table. I was thinking about making another couple, with pastels and eggs for Easter, and green/reds with ornaments for Christmas. Enjoy your accomplishment, even if it isn't Fall. Have a wonderful week......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexies! The embroidery makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Hexie project. Congrats on crossing off UFO. Fun birthday outing with family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on your finish. I really like your scrap challenge quilt. It will look great with all of the different colors. Good start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexies and pinwheels! Congratulations on such beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete