Monday, February 6, 2017

Calling for simple donation quilt patterns

It's Monday!

After a busy weekend with little sewing done, I am undertaking a new project.  And I could really use your help. My church  has partnered another organization to support  a tribe on a reservation out west. in the plains. We had a mission trip last summer where we built a playground structure and took supplies for students. Then in December a small group took car loads of "presents" for kids and adults of things they needed.

There is a small group of quilters in our church and they have decided to utilize our fabric abundance to make quilts for these tribesman.  It is cold on the plains. I am unable to attend the sewing times due to my work, but want to make some quilts for them.  I thought I would use my large bag of homespuns.

So do you have any pictures of quilts I could make with simple designs?
 ( My first thought is a disappearing 9 patch with red centers, and the rest scrappy. )

Split Nine Patch     Here is one version with 2 different arrangements.

Nine Patch

No comments:

Post a Comment