Saturday, September 22, 2018

Retreat weekend

I feel like I have been out of commission as far as my quilting. School is in full swing and I do enjoy my new position. I don't seem to have energy to do any sewing or needlework after I make dinner and sit down.  

This is the only thing I have to show for 2 weeks.  I have done other sewing last weekend. I had a wonderful time at a retreat on a lake with my guild.  The weather was in the low 80s, a big change from the cooler days we have. But inside the air conditioning was running, and I was cold.  So hard to plan for clothing.   

But... I did put blocks together for a small baby quilt that had been leftover from my grandson's big boy quilt.  And I left it with one of the members to practice quilting on her long arm machine. 

This is my stash bee block for September.  ( We did another like it earlier in the year.)



We of course, went to the local quilt store and I purchased some Wisconsin red Bucky Badger fabric along with some blacks and whites.  I am planning to make a throw for my daughter's boyfriend.  He did graduate fro UW Wisconsin.  So I hope he will like it. I plan to use the Yellow Brick Road pattern from Terry Atkinson. 

I also started a tree skirt for my nephew whose wedding will be the end of October
These are the colors turned 90 degrees.  I have a few other strips to add to it and then cut wedges and assemble. I had a friend there who had the beautiful red tree fabric left over from another project. It is perfect to go with my Tonga strips of reds and greens.  I was so appreciative to find just the right fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree skirt will be beautiful in those fabrics. I found out the other day that there is another wedding in our future. Another tree skirt will need to be made here, too!

    ReplyDelete