Thursday, May 30, 2019

Kim Diehl QAL



I have not blogged in a while. And it isn't because I haven't been quilting.

So here is the  first installment of some of my progress.
There is a new quilt along going on.   I love all things Kim Diehl.
And she is having a quilt along; we are in the 3rd week. 
And in order to do the blocks you needed this book which is co-written with Jo Morton. 
You can read her details and posts on both Instagram and her blog.
 The basic instructions are on the Martingale site


In this book it shows 2 versions of very popular blocks each made by one of the two famous ladies.

None of the instructions have been difficult.  In fact the cutting direction have even made my blocks construct easily and precisely. ( I do also use Best Press to size my blocks before cutting.  And I like the ruler for precise 1/8 inches by Lisa Bongean.

This is week one.  The hardest part was selecting the fabrics.
The larger block is 6 inches finished.  The smaller ones 4 inches.
These are from week 2 and are both 5 inches finished.
I am using fabrics from Thimbleberries, Kansas Troubles, some of Jo Mortons and others I have around.


Here are week 3 blocks, each being 2 inches finished.

Can't wait to see what the small beauty will be!


1 comment:

  1. It will be fun to see what these blocks create. It will be beautiful, whatever it is! Are you on your summer break now?

    ReplyDelete