Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wool applique

 School is out for SUMMER!

Which means time to do lots of fun things like:

Go to the zoo with my grandsons: We had a fabulous day at the FREE  Henry Vilas Zoo and park with the boys. A picnic lunch, a beach, and playground were highlights as well. We treasure each day with them. Of course, they were out cold sleeping on the way home.




Sew, sew sew. Here is the last blocks of week 4 for Kim Diehl's QAL mystery.  These blocks are 4 inches. Now to put it together

Stitching galore:   But I thought I would share the wool applique I have been doing.  I joined a small subgroup of my guild devoted to wool. And I am enjoying it a great deal.  So here are 2 blocks from a Bunny Hill BOM way back to 2012. You can still buy the patterns called Henrietta Whiskers. It has some nice patchwork between the blocks.  I have 2 more of the 9 to prepare. And these couple to put the finishing touches to. 


 We are doing a sharing hexie project which passes to each member in the group:

This one is based off of a Sue Spargo pattern. I learned several stitches for this. My bullions need more practice. There are tiny beads around the edge where the blanket stitch is.
 Here is it added to the starters.
 And the month before, I had a grand time with beads I had.  Funny how most of us chose spring themes. We were just so frustrated with the long continuation of winter weather.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! for summer vacation. So glad you had a great time with your grands. Your wool stitching is beautiful. I'm getting the urge to stitch some wool, too. Love your beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE for summer, if only the weather was in sync with the calendar. It's like raining spring still here which is becoming very annoying and making outdoor activities next to impossible. Cute pictures at the zoo, looks like you had a good time with the kiddo's. Your little 4 inch squares are sooooooo pretty, but goodness the detail in those 4 inches makes me tired, lol. Looking forward to seeing all your work come together. Including your wool projects.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, Love, LOVE your last year's RSC block! And the way you put it all together ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete