Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Baby Downey's quilt

My first finish of 2020 is the beautiful baby quilt for my nephew.  I love it: the colors are so pretty.
They are a range from a darker teal to a pale one with a little lime green and seafoam green in it.
O.K. so the description is better than the photographs. (better photo of the colors here)

Can't you jus see how soft this back is?  It is so velvety. The minky is so perfect for this. 


The binding is one of the prints which look like green and bluegreen pebbles. 
The pattern was one of the easiest I have every made; from Pinterest called:Baby Bricks
This was a great tutorial and another pretty colorway.


At guild last week, we had demonstrations. These were placemats made into little zipper pouches.  
The hardest part was getting placemats and zippers. 
I made all 4 in an hour and a half.  
They look kind of blah. I really need to learn how to take better photos.



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that baby quilt!! While your pouches may look a little blah, I'm sure they will be SEW useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! I just love the baby quilt. That back does look so soft and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely lovely colors - soft and soothing

    ReplyDelete