Saturday, January 25, 2020

Winter wonderland

For those of us in the northern states, winter is a mixture of beauty and fun. The snow scenes can be breathtaking and the outdoor sports will pink up those cheeks with smiles. This morning I awoke to the most amazing sight. The trees look as if they are flocked. I am so glad I get to sit and watch the gently falling flakes and not drive to work.




This week has been long.  I had the pleasure of a day off Monday and spent it with a friend sewing. Lots of catching up and project planning as well as sewing.

But then the new semester started on Tuesday. My students' schedules were all mixed around because of new semester classes. and I added new students. A few from the algebra 2 failures.  It is frustrating to see kids not learn the practice of doing homework. After a couple years of getting by, algebra 2 is truly a culmination of skills at increasing difficulty. And those with bad habits cannot fake it anymore. But I also had a couple girls with difficult situations at home. They are amazingly mature with the problems they have to face at home and yet so vulnerable. So my week was rewarding, but exhausting.

And so I was unable to quilt much

But I did redo my colors for the first Blockheads 3 block. I made the 6 inch size. Much better.

2 comments:

  1. your winter scenes are beautiful. I was horrible in math and never could get algebra straight in my head and did very poorly in it. I feel for those struggling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad what some children have to endure. Being a strong presence in their lives is such a blessing to them. Thank you! The photos of the snow are beautiful, but that's as close as I want to be to it. Yay! for snow days, though!

    ReplyDelete