Wednesday, April 15, 2020

sewing in Spring Break

Happy Easter!  
I very quiet meal was enjoyed on Easter Sunday with our daughter!
I made this cute little bunny ear bags! 
I think they are adorable, but are only 5x7 ish for the body.



We did get a picture of the three of us. 
It is so good to have her healthy after 3 weeks of the coronavirus. 
We miss the grandkids and were supposed to have flown south .



But in the interim, I am sewing some. I have not posted in over a week.
Here is the progress of Frolic. More than halfway pieced.




And I completed another cake mix box. 
This was had much smaller pieces and made 2  blocks.


Here is the back after completing the sewing. It is hard to see, but it made 1 larger unit and 16 small half square triangles. Best Press is my friend to make these come out evenly.


Final blocks

Then I finally finished m 12 heart blocks. 
And I was even able to have a curbside pick up for some more white fabric for borders and sashing.


Lastly, I pieced this top together on retreat in March.
I have been tinkering with hexies to add here and there. 
But I don't like the end products and so am just going to finish this as is.
The photo dulls the springy pinks and yellows and reds.

5 comments:

  1. did you say your daughter was sick with the virus - if so I'm glad she is well, she looks well. So far none of my extended family has had it so far and keeping fingers crossed it stays that way. Love all the work you show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately both my mom and daughter have had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your daughter is feeling better! I just read your comment above. Is your mom doing ok? You have some wonderful projects going on at your house. We were supposed to go visit my daughter in California, but don't know when that will be now. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom is better. 30 of her nursing home mates have died. We are lucky!

      Delete
  4. Cute bunny bag and great looking quilts too!

    ReplyDelete