Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Oak leaves




As I was searching around blogland yesterday, I discovered this wonderful article.



It was about how we satisfy ourselves easily by clicking buttons on websites ( specifically fabric shopping) and get a happy feeling.   So True!  And COVID distancing has increased our yearning for these things we can't control like going into fabric shops. But the bottom line was that we also get the pleasurable feeling from working on our quilting instead of sitting with our computers.


So I got up from my computer and went to my sewing table and pulled out this easy finish.
I had spent a couple weeks ago completing the embroidery around the shapes. All that was needed was borders, layers and quilting. Easy enough with an 8 inch block.





I quilted around the edges of the leaves and the veins. Then I stippled the background. 
Here is the close up. 

For those that didn't see the project before, this was colored with layers of crayon and ironed.
The background has dots. lots of them.

This is the back. And because it is a batik, you can't see the details in the quilting.
It was completed with free motion. around the edges of the leaves, down the veins and a small stipple in the background.

I am using the new format of blogger and can't adjust the size of the photos.  


1 comment:

  1. Your leaves are beautiful! How fun! Great quilting, too. I haven't switched to the new blogger yet and dread using it. I haven't heard anything good about it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete