Monday, June 8, 2020

RE-tirement

First let me start with some projects completed:

Another Moda Blockheads 3 block.  Mine are 6 inch size
And yes, the half square triangles are 3/4 inch size.



Then I have become entranced with bowl fillers and embroidery.
Here is my first one, about 3 1/2 inches. I think I can get these done for the 4th of July.


 And for my slow stitching Sunday, I finished the binding on this beauty.
I did something different and rolled it from the back. 
The mitered corners took a little adjustment.


 Another 4th of July project from Buttermilk Basin. It was free online over the weekend.
They have so many neat wool projects. I just might need to get some.
I have step 2 done and the stars cut out for step 1.

As for home projects, I made the topiary from a demo on YouTube. 
And the sign using paper mache letters.

While our school has not canceled graduation and is planned for the end of July, 
we had a drive by pick up of diplomas followed by the teachers cheering them on.
This was normally a tradition for the seniors of having breakfast, getting graduation tickets, 
and then busing to their elementary schools to parade down the halls in cap and gown.
Here the principal is handing out the diploma to a student in a car.
Many were decorated brightly with banners and balloons.

It was super hot outside, and we had to still wear masks for COVID. 
This was the beginning of a block long wave of teachers.

Afterward, my daughter took me out to celebrate my retirement with a mango margarita and dinner
outside. To many wonderful years of students who have tugged at my heart!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Sarah Huber, drink, sunglasses and outdoor

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement! How nice that something was done for the graduating seniors. Something similar was done in my county. Love all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement! What a final year you must have had. Now you can enjoy summer break year round! (I'm a retired teacher, and it's wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete