Monday, June 15, 2020

More catching up


Gooseberry Patch
I haven't worked on this in a year, I think.
But I got things to work on this weekend.
The cool weather was perfect for sewing inside. 
This block is the center of the quilt and 30 inches in size, which is hard to see from the photo.
There are 5 different Kansas Troubles greens of the 60 leaves which were cut out and as many red berries for the 50 little berries. 


Then I cut 2 of the other blocks adding the very same holly leaves to  6 by 30 inch pieces. 
To finish these pieces, I just ran a small single seam around the edges using my free motion foot.
I really felt that I could not do a successful solid tight zigzag on these weird shapes.

It feels so good to get some things done and make progress on old projects,

Next, I worked with my wool applique and got the last 2 blocks ready of Henrietta's Fall.
This is such an old project. The original pattern was a free block of the month from Bunny Hill.
The date on it is 2011. 

So now I have some hand sewing for car travel over the next weeks.

And in the evenings I have been doing some outline stitches for some bowl fillers.
This is my 2nd one. 

Summer: what a feeling!   

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love gooseberry patch block! Is that the name of the pattern? Your wool applique blocks are so cute, too. It does feel good to get old projects moving again. Thank you for your comment on my blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun wool applique project (even though it is old!)
    Great idea to staple the pieces in place.
    Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blocks! I did Henrietta with batiks - Yours are pretty in wool! Hugs

    ReplyDelete