Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Happy 40th Anniversary!


I'll start with my projects and progress:

First, here is the challenge ornament from my wool group. 
We received the circle shape and a tiny bell and were told to make it into an ornament.
As I missed our initial meeting (pre COVID era), this is what I came up with.
I will have to add the ribbon and bell and back it still. It is a  2 3/4 inch circle.
But I do love the challenge and creativity of this group. We always learn so much from each other.

Second, I made these 2 stitcheries into mini pillows with patriotic fabrics.
I really like how they turned out and have one more to complete.


Then, I thought I would show my purchases. My husband allowed me to stop at Going to Pieces in Appleton, WI. They are a shop that had been featured in Quilt Sampler about 2 years or so ago.
I love their fabric assortment and kits. Each time I go, I find more and more things.
So these are the Kim Diehl fabrics I acquired to add to my collection.
I like her new October something line and the teals, limes and autumn colors are a great add to my assortment.

 

Here is my spouse and I at an inside restaurant celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.
We have been very careful to either eat outside or take out food.
But this was a special occasion at our favorite restaurant. 
It was handled well with masks on serving staff and tables very sparsely spaced.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
And a special cake had been arranged by my spouse as a surprise.
He even tried to match the original cake. What a sweetie.


We had gone up to Door County the thumb of Wisconsin into Lake Michigan.
It was "pre season" and limited openings.
Our favorite bed and breakfast has totally increased their cleaning regimens without losing their quality breakfasts and ambiance. They only have 6 rooms.
This is one county that has had very very small numbers for COVID.  ( only 40 with 3 deaths total)
We were glad there were limited amounts of people as we walked about outside enjoying the gorgeous lake. Masks were essential to any indoor location as was social distancing.


We had perfect weather in the 70 s and for meals we ate outside or had take out.
No outdoor music venues or events are planned for the summer. 
Many of the marinas were not full, which was surprising.


We went across on a ferry with our car to Washington Island.
Here is Schoolhouse beach, one of 5 limestone beaches anywhere.
The rocks are all very smooth and you are not permitted to remove any ($ 250 fine)
The picture distorts the distance. All the families were sparsely spaced. 
But lots of big and little boys throwing rocks in the water
We also visited a lavender farm. 
The plants do not bloom until late July.
But it was very pretty.


Truly a gorgeous getaway! Certainly not the celebration we had hoped to have, but still very special.

2 comments:

  1. you are lucky you were able to have a getaway - we had our 48th last week and skipped celebrating - we are both high risk so we are staying home most of the time. I know the area of WI that you went to and it is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! How wonderful that you were able to get away and celebrate. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete