Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Labor Day

 As usual, my spouse and I went up north to Door County in Wisconsin.  It was a whole new experience without the normal festivities of Labor Day: no music, no art fairs, no outdoor food trucks, and no used book sale. Yet there were many, many people. We remained distant and ate outdoors. For the most part people were very good wearing masks. 

And as always, being with nature is restorative and so beautiful. 

We love visiting parks and walking beaches and trails.

We even visited a lighthouse at the Coast Guard Station. 

             


The weather was a combination of cool and at times very windy.  But it was a great getaway.


We did visit a small outdoor art fair, maybe 8 venders. But this is the top of one I really liked:

If you look closely these are batik fabrics made into these banners. So easy: no seams on the edges and the top is just folded over the hanging string.  I thought it would be great for outdoors. 


I have not done much sewing of late, but have decided to complete my row by row from a couple years ago completed from the guild. 

This is the status of where I began the final stage. So many wonderful houses and buildings made by friends. 


I removed the bottom row and have decided to make additional house blocks to balance the top out.
I have searched for inspiration from the internet for house blocks.  Then I print off pictures and make my own calculations for measurements. 

Here are some of the ones I have finished thus far. 




This ones needs an appliqued door and door frame 

I hope to get all together this week.

Hope your weekend was enjoyable a well.

1 comment:

  1. those batiks look like they could be fat quarters don't they and still can be used for something else! I love Door County - I don't know if I will ever be back now that my daughter and family have moved to California - no reason to now

    ReplyDelete