Monday, September 28, 2020

September finishes

It has been hard for me to adjust to being home ( and with my spouse). 
I haven't gotten into a schedule or routine. And while I have done a lot of cleaning and decorating and such, I have wasted time as well. 

But I did turn on my mojo of late: here are some projects that have been laying around waiting to be finished. First off, I had admired some fall pillows at Hobby Lobby. But found their plaid fabric and decided to make my own. 


These are designs from an Edyta Sitar book I was able to borrow from a friend.
I loved using the batiks, and playing around with the arrangements.



This one I actually wove the basket with 2 different browns. 
Love how it turned out, except for the fact that it is off center. Oh well. 
Done is better than perfect.


Last year, I purchased some strips of fabric from Primitive Gatherings summer sale.
It was great fun to play around with the strips.
I made 4 different designs at the time.


I finally got around to finishing them yesterday.
I pillowcased the top and back. Then inserted an iron on batting.
It gave it a little stability and padding for the table.



Lastly,  I have been stitching away each night while we watch tv. 
I love Crabapple Hill designs. This is an oldie I found in my stash of patterns.
I think I will finish the design, but then applique the pumpkin onto a gray background. 


It feels good to be finishing and sewing again.
And I get to go on a retreat this weekend.  Just 8 of us. 

 

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love the pillows, so pretty...really like
    that basket..what a great idea to weave it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pillows. It takes awhile to adjust to being retired and with the spouse all the time - and with covid being here and spending more time at home you haven't seen what a normal retirement would be like I bet. I know I have to spend time away from my husband, I can't be with him 24 hours a day or he would drive me nuts - it has been hard - sometimes I just have to mask up and head to Hobby Lobby or grocery shopping - something - anything to be by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are beautiful! I love the batiks on the plaid. The placemats are so lovely, too. You've had a productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking pumpkin pillows - they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you willing to share the name of the Edyta Sitar book?

    ReplyDelete