Monday, May 2, 2022

Blocks and a banner

 I have been keeping up with Blockheads 4  and am enjoying the playing with fabrics and piecing the blocks.  It is nice to have small projects to do. 

This is block 6   and one of the extra blocks.  


Here is my first version which I liked.  However, it did not play well with the others.
So I dismantled it, and added my background for the diagonal squares. 


Here are all the blocks thus far on my ironing station. 



Latest project is to make a banner for a big birthday. 
My husband's aunt is turning 100 this weekend and there is a big family get together.
And so I utilized some of the leftover fabric from my daughter's table runner to make the banner.


This was an awesome border printed fabric. 
And I sliced up what I had left, made the cake and added the candles and wording.
I made the 100th figures on google docs increasing the font to the proper size ( 150) 

Oh, and another row of candles goes at the bottom.

I need to assemble the 3 sections, layer and quilt it.  Hooray!  


2 comments:

  1. it is amazing to reach 100 years old - I think I would only want that if I was in good enough health to enjoy it! I'm sure she will love the banner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blockhead blocks are so soothing. Great runner, too.

    ReplyDelete