Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Happy 100th birthday!

 Yes, there is a BIG birthday to be celebrated this week.  NO, it is not me. My husband's aunt is turning 100. Yeah Aunt Dorothy!   Longevity runs in the family. Her sister, my mother in law lived to be 100 as well.  And their mother lived to be 95.  


So a special celebration deserves a special birthday banner:


Most of this was created from a panel.  The words, the candles and the border at the top. 
I adapted a pattern for a cake and added the rows of candles: lots of little cutting.



I free motion quilted it last night.  My monofilament threads did not work on my machine. 
Glory knows I tried.  I bent /broke 3 needles. 2 of them ended up shaped like a U.
The machine had just been cleaned and home from the fix up shop.

So I switched to regular thread as I have been quilting the last week. And it was fine. 
Finished!

Celebrate!
 


6 comments:

  1. glad it worked out for you and it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Dorothy, definitely a major milestone. And a very cute banner to honor the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday banner! And what a great reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banner is so pretty, so happy and bright. Perfect for a special celebration of 100! Enjoy the celebration.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving hi again as I make my blog rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me waving hello again as I make my blog rounds. Hope all is well with you, it's been awhile since we've heard from you.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete