Sunday, September 18, 2022

Not quilting

 I think the title is misleading, but.......I have been knitting.

  I purchased the wonderful pattern and yarn several summers ago in Canada when I visited mom.  It was in one of my all time favorite shops which I have visited for decades.  This funny little shop with old wooden floors  has 2 sides: one for bulk items in barrels and the 2nd side has books and knitting.  

I always find fabulous books there. As I teenager and then young mother it was craft books: felt or floss or whatever.  Now, it is to find interesting books for my grandsons.  

But this trip I saw this awesome scarf on the back wall and surrounding it was the pattern and color variations of yarn.  I chose the blue/purple shaded one. Although, I really like the one on the cover now.

                                        

In progress at my station to be away from my husband who tested positive for Covid a 2nd time.




Up close of the colors which doesn't show the sheen of the metallics.


Tres finit!  Or great finish in English.  No fringe, as I didn't quite follow the pattern correctly. 



3 comments:

  1. sorry about the covid hope you do not get it too - I just got the newest booster- hope it works - such a pretty scarf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice scarf. Good luck with not getting the Covid. Hubby got it and I got it from him. Yesterday he tested negative for the first time in a week, I'm still testing positive. Think I'm a couple of days behind him.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing your hubby a very speedy recovery. Fabulous project that you are working on. Gorgeous fibers. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete