Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Busy times

 Time has flown since I last blogged. It has been a gorgeous fall: the colors have been just amazing and the weather was kind enough to last through the first half of November.   Never has that happened in my experience. To be above 30s and 40s was a bonus and I loved leaving the warm outer clothing in the closet. 

I have continued to sew a little every day. 

I have finished my 100 blocks in 100 days by angie at gnomeangel.

Here are 2 of the 8  inch blocks from the end of the sequence.




Here are an assortment of the 4 by 8 inch blocks.

And this is a pile of various blocks: half are 8 inches square and half are 4 by 8 inches.


I have purchased a light blue solid to sash it.  

I have also knitted another scarf which needs to be blocked: It is a bright fun self striping sock yarn. And I learned how to make the holes for lace work.  


I have finished my wool applique center of a small quilt: 


And I continue to keep working on my ocean waves quilt: 
23 blocks made of the 64 I need. I love how it is looking. 
Currently I am waiting for a new iron to press my seams. My Rowenta finally gave out completely and my travel iron, just doesn't pack the punch to press it well. I have ordered a new CHI iron and am awaiting its arrival. 












1 comment:

  1. So many squares you'll be able to make quite a quilt. Love all the variety in colors and design. LOVE the colors in your scarf. Knit away, it's cold you'll need to bundle up in your scarf.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete