Sunday, November 6, 2022

Time flies

 Well, I was quilting a bit and have started my Ocean Waves for our quilt show next March as the theme is triangles.  Using my accumulation of Kim Diehl fabrics, I started making lots of triangles using preprinted papers. And I have well over 10 of the centers of the block completed.  



I love arranging the colors into rows. And then the piecing starts.  And I really want my corners to match.  So I need to use my seam ripper off and on.  Over all, the colors look amazing.  This will be a long term project.

But I did get a new tv stand which has storage underneath and my extra large ironing board on top.  Two needed things in one!!

I had a quilt retreat a month ago.  I remember wearing a sweatshirt to bed it was so cold as we were staying in a college dorm.  I am so glad to be done with that faze after seeing the rooms.  The sewing area was great and I was very productive. And here are some great tops that have made great progress:

The first is that my 25 blocks of  Blockheads #4 are put together with sashing and setting blocks.  And I have now purchased border fabrics.  But it will take a while to finish as I plan to do some applique.


This 2nd one is a small quilt I think each triangle is 3/4 inch.  I really like how it has turned out.  It is even layered and pinned and ready to quilt. 


My phone and computer and not cooperating.  I would love to show more photos, but hope tomorrow is better. 

Sorry for the delay in blogging. It isn't that I haven't been sewing.  I have more to show and tell. 



 

2 comments:

  1. Your new long term triangle project looks awesome. So colorful. Will be fun to see it come together. And I love the Tree of Life Pattern. Very pretty, with great colors. The trees show up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete