Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Back on track with the New Year

But in general I regret not blogging for the past couple of months.  My life has been complicated by lots of travel.  The 2nd trip to Canada was health related after Lloyd was sent by ambulance to the hospital then requiring a pace maker. Then he had a stroke. His recovery is still slow. But after 6 weeks, he was finally transferred to a rehab home. He is DETERMINED to get back home. I think I will return again this month. My last drive was 15 hours one way, so hard. 

Then during the Christmas holidays my spouse and I made a train trip to visit my grandkids. ( So glad I missed all that hoorah of the airlines. ) Love those boys and their parents. Time together makes the relationship build where distance is so hard.  One whole suitcase had presents and I loved the smiles that they brought.    P.S. Notice the Shark pajamas with Christmas hats and scarves.

I made 2 pencil cases for my grandsons. They are SHARKS!  One quilted and lined in red while the other is in orange.  The main fabric is a pair of jeans purchased from Goodwill.   In hindsight, I should have selected a pair having a lighter weight denim. It was so difficult to turn the tail fluke. They zip open at the mouth. Pattern  found online.  I hope they will use them and enjoy them.   I also purchased art supplies to go with them. 

SO It is 2023.   I almost typed in 19.. such a realization of my age. 

Since my return from Louisiana, I am totally focused on getting organized at home and for quilting.  I also got a Fitbit as a gift for Christmas that is making me health conscious. Lots of good vibes going including some devotional readings.   And after only a week, I already feel inspired and reaping the rewards of progress. 

So for quilting goals, 

1) I am hoping to finish one UFO per month.  ( For January I have an old snowman that needs a home. )



 2)  I am working on a quilt to finish for the guild show the end of March: 32 blocks made, 32 to go. This one is my Kim Diehl fabric Ocean Waves. 



 3) And I started a new quilt with a friend to spur each other on.  It is a Bunny Hill design: Merry, Merry Christmas and has 9 pieced and appliqued blocks all in reds. 


4) I have also started the Sewcialites 2 quilt along. I only have 4 blocks made, a little behind. I am using a small bolt of white and some bright Christmas fabrics. 


There are others on the pile, but this is a good start.    Hope your goals and projects are proceeding nicely. 



4 comments:

  1. glad you have been able to continue your visits with the family in Louisianan - it is so hard when family lives a distance, because of that I never developed a really close relationship with my grandchildren when they were young which means we are not as close as I would like to be now that they are adults. Keep it up as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely projects in progress. I've always wanted to make an Ocean Waves quilt, maybe someday.

    I usually take the train to Pennsylvania when I travel to visit the grandchildren. I also take a suitcase of gifts along to give them no matter what the time of year. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. Visits with grandchildren do so much for the soul... I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with yours. Your projects are all so fun and cheery! Looking forward to seeing your work on the red Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete