Saturday, January 21, 2023

Startitis: the obsession of creating more quilting projects

 So my machine has been buzzing away.  I love having days home to sew.   Sometimes, I like to be a hermit. I have made 16 of my ocean waves blocks and am on schedule to finish for my guild's show. But I am getting worried at the prospect of matching all these blocks together.



And I am working on the 2nd blocks of my Merry Merry Christmas. 


I even started quilting my UFO for January: Ye Old Snowman.

I used a wool scrap batting giving it puffiness. 

Another block of the Sewcialites 2 completed.



So you think that would be enough?   Of course, not.  I started as a leader and ender 9 patches made of 1 inch squares.  Inspiration from Gretchen's Little Corner.  


And then I remembered the Stay at Home Round Robin. I loved making it last year. But got stuck after the 3rd round.   I pulled out the fabrics and have plenty.  First block made from the Grid Girls mystery.  I struggled  worked at the cat's cradle block and found I had a ruler to make it as well. Hooray. 2 versions: I can't decide. 



3 comments:

  1. you certainly have a lot of quilts going on! This year I am doing the opposite - one to piece, one to quilt and soon back to one to EPP also

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great things going on in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm so glad you're joining us again this year in the #SAHRR23. You've got some fun projects going on, but I am most impressed with the 1" Irish Chain. Gretchen's version is so pretty and it almost made me start a version, too. Oh, and I'm in Wisconsin, too! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete