Sunday, April 2, 2023

BIG FINISH!

           My Ocean Waves is completed.                                          TA DA!  ( Cymbal Crash!)

Here she is up close and personal on a dreary not sunny day.
You can notice the quilting down by my long armor, Judee Purdy. 
It was completed in triangle pieces. 
       

Beautiful border to coordinate with the quilting.


A better picture of the piecing, but not as much of the colors which are warm.
Most of the fabrics were Kim Diehl. Although the background was Katie's blouse by Betsy Chutchian.


The back was a wide back also by Kim Diehl.  I warm Mandala pattern.


The binding is scrappy and took a couple days to hand sew. Yeah for tv and streaming program!

And  huge thank you to my husband for assisting with the photographic hanging of the quilt outdoors. 


Finale!

TA DA!  (  2nd Cymbal Crash!)   

(I am married to a percussionist and have 2 children who followed in his footsteps.)


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big finish! Absolutely gorgeous and the quilting is so pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ocean waves is beautiful! I've always wanted to piece an ocean waves quilt, your is very inspiring. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty - the quilting looks great too and complements the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! I've always liked ocean waves pattern, but I like the mixture of colors in yours better than most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished quilt is beautiful!! I love the quilting design. It could be a reversible quilt with the back being so pretty. YAY!! for great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ocean Waves is such a beautiful finish!! Love the quilting! Yes, I could hear those cymbals crashing!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete