Thursday, November 9, 2023

HOME again!

 It feels so so good to be back home: to sleep in my own bed and watch my shows on tv and eat out of my fridge.  The simple things in life. 

After an 1800 mile trip from here to Canada to Indianapolis and back home, I am tired. But the moving of Mom went much better than expected.  She smiled on the trip and in her new home being busy and active.  She does say she doesn't like being ordered around and that is normal.  But meals are really good and the care givers are always helpful. We are so very happy that this has closed the chapter and that we can see her frequently. Thank the Lord!

And as expected, I only did some hand sewing in the car.  4 1/2 inch blocks



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are back and your mom is settled in. That will be so nice now for you and your sister not to worry so because you were far from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. Glad to hear things went better than expected with getting your Mom re-located. It's not an easy task, and is physically and emotionally draining. Very nice squares. It's nice you were able to do a bit of stitching while you traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big change for everyone, and I hope your Mom will be very happy in her new home! You did some lovely hand applique on the journey!

    ReplyDelete