Monday, October 30, 2023

Stitching away!

 This has been a week of progress on lots of projects:

1) Machine quilting (free motion) my Christmas Gnomes for my daughter in law.  Each gnome is quilted in detail with monofilament thread. All that is left is the background and the tree itself.



2) New blocks to catch up for Moda blockheads 5:   Only 1 left to do.





3) More paper pieced borders for my 9 patch quilt 10 out of 28 finished


4) 3 1/ 2 inch  churn dash  blocks for Midnight at the Oasis:  28/ 52 finished


5) Mini orange peel blocks for the same quilt  8/ 20 finished. I have been enjoying the hand applique by the television each night. 


What I need to do is bind my quilt, Over the River and Through the Woods.  However, I am debating on the quilting and whether I need to add some more to it. I worked so very hard and so very long on the hand stitching that I want this to compliment and accentuate it well. 

This week will not be as productive as I will be heading to Canada to help transport my mother to a care facility in Indianapolis where my sister lives. 2600 mile trip not all driven by me and over many days for packing and unpacking and such will be part of the experience. I am relieved that this is finally occurring . 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have been able to arrange for your mother to come back to the states. How far north in Canada is she - that sounds like a very extensive drive - it sounds like you will have help driving so that is good. I guess your step-father finally cooperated so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re a busy gal! I love, love, love the gnomes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes with your Mother's move! The gnomes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete