Monday, October 2, 2023

A little a day makes the projects go away :)

 Well, each day sewing some makes the projects get closer to finishing. And that does a body good.  I feel like I am accomplishing something and it motivates me to keep on going. 

Sew:  

1) A Christmas Sewcialtes 2 I have now got all the setting blocks made.  I needed to make a quick run to a fabric store for more of the same colors. 

All of these are 9 inch blocks:  16 each of the half square triangles. 8 of the red quarter square triangles. and 16 of the green ones. 


I hope to get the background squares and rectangles done as well as begin the piecing. 


2) New project:  Blockheads 5.  

I am making the blocks in batiks and started out with some I already had, but added a few more teals and lights to mix from a trip in August to one of my favorite stores in Appleton, WI: Going to Pieces.


These are 12 inch blocks and this one is paper pieced. ( Needs a good pressing)

Here are all that have been completed thus far. 

3) Finished the feather free motion quilting on my mini trees.  I even have the binding ready.  Now just to cross hatch the in between blocks. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! That's the best attitude - a little a day does make the projects go away! HAHA. The Blockheads 5 blocks are so pretty, especially that last one that you just finished. I'm not a huge PP fan but that blocks makes me want to try it again. Have a great week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little progress each day sure makes the projects get finished! your doing good

    ReplyDelete